Friday, September 23, 2005

Too Close to Home

Calcasieu and Cameron Parishes are under mandatory evacuation orders.

Beauregard Parish is where I spent the majority of my childhood. It is just north of Calcasieu Parish and borders Texas on the west.

Lake Charles is in Calcasieu Parish and a mere 50 miles from my mother and best friend Susan's mother who live in DeRidder, Beauregard Parish, Louisiana. Both Susan and I lost our fathers last fall and winter. Our mothers are recent widows.

According to the hometown rag, DeRidder is preparing to accept evacuees from Calcasieu and Cameron.

The Lake Charles American Press, has set up an emergency news blog on blogspot.

(Susan, the reporters are physically in DeRidder and Folk Polk, go over there, it's the most up-to-date on present conditions I have found. Phone lines have been in and out since Katrina.)

I'm hoping our mothers are out of harm's way if DeRidder is taking evacuees.

Say a prayer, my friends, I'm worried sick.

UPDATE: Beauregard is going to be hit hard!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com