Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Evacuee Central

House of Alex is ready and open for business.

Dear Anne and her sons (aged seven and twenty-one months) have been between my house and my mother-in-law's house since her Ocean Springs home was washed away along the Mississippi coast when Katrina hit. Her husband is an ER doctor and has remained in Ocean Springs.

The mother-in-law and her husband live in a huge mansion on Galveston Bay between Houston and Galveston.

My sister and her family of three also live between Galveston and Houston.

They are all en route, west bound on I-10.

They are now all evacuees.

According to my calculations, House of Alex will be temporary home to twelve humans, five dogs, an inside cat, and an outside cat.

I have a father-in-law and his wife who live in Houston. I just got off the phone with step-mother-in-law and let them know that, if need be, we will certainly make room for them and her elderly mother.

My mother-in-law and my father-in-law have been divorced for about twenty-five years. THAT would certainly make things interesting.

Unless Rita takes a serious turn to the north and hits Lake Charles, Louisiana, my mother is safe where she is.

The husband has advised he still plans to leave on Friday for yet another hunting trip.

Note to husband: Feel free to go; however, if you abandon me under these circumstances, don't bother to return.

In addition to this being close-out time/fiscal year-end, the number one thing on my list of things to do today is stop by and buy-out the grocery store on my way home.

I guess we'll see just how damned organized I really am.

Stay safe, everyone, stay safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com