Saturday, September 03, 2005

Sleep

One of those things that I always viewed as overrated was sleep.

While I usually find it difficult to quiet my mind enough to let go of my consciousness and drift away, once asleep, I tend to remain asleep.

On rare occasions stress has invaded my slumber with dreams of law school finals (years after graduation) or dreams of brief deadlines or court appearances that were non-existent in the light of day.

This week the images of the storm and the aftermath of suffering and death have consumed most of my hours, both day and night.

The panoply of loss and destruction has been so completely overwhelming.

I have no idea what so many, many people are actually having to endure.

My thoughts and prayers are with them as they live this nightmare of Katrina.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com