Monday, August 29, 2005

Heatin' Some Buns

Different people deal with stress in different ways. All this hurricane coverage made me nervous. When I have nervous energy, I sit still less than I normally do anyway (which isn't much to begin with).

Today my nervous energy found me with the munchies.

In my pantry I found a box of Betty Crocker's butter recipe yellow cake mix. On the back of the mix was a recipe for Honey Bun Cake. Oh, freakin' MY!

Here's the recipe with one modification, I switched the vanilla for Amaretto.

HONEY BUN CAKE:

1 pkg yellow cake mix
1/4 cup milk
2 sticks (1 cup) butter
4 eggs
8 oz. sour cream
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup chopped pecans
2 tsps ground cinnamon
1 cup powdered sugar
1 TBS milk
1 tsp Amaretto

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease bottom of 13 x 9 -inch pan.

Remove 1/2 cup dry cake mix, reserve.

In a large bowl, beat remaining dry cake mix, 1/4 cup mild, butter, eggs, and sour cream on medium speed for 2 minutes.

Spread half of batter in pan.

Stir together reserved dry cake mix, brown sugar, pecans, and cinnamon; then sprinkle over batter in pan. Carefully spread remaining batter evenly over pecan mixture.

Bake 40-45 minutes or until done.

Stir powdered sugar, 1 TBS mild, and Amaretto until thin enough to drizzle, stirring in additional mild, 1 tsp at a time, if necessary.

Poke top of warm cake with fork, spread over top of cake.

Sit back with a huge glass of cold milk and get fat like me.

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com