Thursday, August 25, 2005

Cheap Thrills

Mobile phones are great.

I love being able to reach out and chat with whomever, whenever.

I've got that part down.

As to text messaging, I admit, I am a recent texting convert and only really know how to read and reply.

As to the texting shorthand, I am slowly making my way up the bell curve and still have a lot of ground to cover.

This morning I grabbed the phone from it's charging cradle and threw it in the purse as I ushered Wee One out the door. It was not until I arrived at the office did I bother to check for any messages, voice, text or other.

Imagine my surprise when I found FOUR messages for me.

Woohoo!

I felt so important.

Most recent message read: "sweet dreams."

Penultimate message: "i'm sorry i didn't notice that you were talking to me."

Second message: "talk to you later."

First message: "i'm back."

Hmmm.

I thought I was off to a great start with the "sweet dreams," but it went downhill from that.

First of all, the messages were all from mely (melu_pr@*******.com).

I have no clue who this person is.

My response: "WRONG NUMBER."

{{sigh}}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com