Saturday, September 10, 2005

A Glimmer of Sanity Returns

The other day, I posted about losing my mind.

Today, I am most pleased to report that I have found the wayward photos and the cordless phone is no longer absent.

More importantly, there appears to be very valid reasons why I could not recall where they were placed.

As to the pictures, I went through a cleaning spree a while ago and made three piles of the paper on the counter: things to be tossed, those pictures, and things belonging to others. I instructed the sweet child to "take care of" one of those piles (things belonging to others, primarily her), took care of the trash myself and intended to return for the pictures. Responsible child she is, Sweet One took care of the pictures and the pile of things belonging to others. In looking for something else, I found where she had placed them. Oh, happy day!

With respect to the cordless phone, I had a few minutes yesterday before I had to leave for a doctor's appointment. A few days ago the wee child had spilled or splattered milk on the black leather seats of my car. Just inside the garage door stands a book shelf with containers of automobile maintence crap, including Armor All wipes and leather cleaner wipes.

Never one to allow grass grow between my toes, I availed myself of those few spare minutes to grab a leather cleaning wipe to dispatch the dried milk. While standing before the shelves I happened to look up and at eye-level was the missing phone.

There's no doubt in my mind what happened: Sweet One was on the phone while walking her dog and finished her conversation before the dog was finished with his business. Heaven forbid the twelve-year-old hang on to the phone when she was not actually using it. That would certainly be expecting too much.

The overwhelming relief that I had not completely lost my mind overrode any and all irritation at the child. That and she was still at school when I found it and I had plenty of time to get over it before she returned home.

Now, all that remains is the great panty hunt (that doesn't quite sound right, does it?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com