Monday, September 12, 2005

Full House

There is something oddly satisfying in having a house full of people, particularly when the majority of those present are little people between the ages of seven months and twelve. My dear Anne and her two young sons Ro and Q, aged twenty-one months and seven months, are in our midst.

Sweet One and Wee One have been wonderful little babysitters and playmates to our small guests. The mothering instinct is great in both of them. I am so delighted to see they are both willing to think beyond themselves and seek to offer comfort and affection to other children, particularly young ones.

I have always hoped to be blessed with another baby, perhaps, a little boy.

Sweet One was seven when we learned Wee One was on the way. I worried and fretted whether we could be so fortunate to have more than one perfect and healthy baby, as well as whether I had enough love in my heart for more than one child. At the time, I could not imagine loving another living being as much as I did my Sweet One.

While healthy children are one of the greatest blessings, I realize now how silly I was to have worried at all about not having enough love in me for a second child.

I have also often wondered whether it is possible to love the child of another the same or as much as we love those of our very own. I do not doubt any longer that it is entirely possible.

Feeding the babies, changing them, bathing them, and just holding them, my heart has swelled with love for them, their innocence, their chubby little hands and feet, and their beautiful smiles. However long they stay, when they leave, they will certainly take a piece of me and my heart with them.

Oh, how I would love to have another little one in my house to stay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com