Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Cheeky Bastards

These carrion-eating creatures perform a much needed service in my neck of the woods, but they are surely an unsightly and foul smelling bane of my existence.

They roost on the golf course, as well as the roof of my house and nearby powerlines ever casting cold and beady eyes at my children and pets. They are protected in these parts and staring too hard their way may well elicit a fine.

They are arrogant, aggressive, and vile.

As I drove home yesterday I noted a half-dozen or so dining on road-kill coon in the middle of my lane. When the car in front of me altered his course to avoid them, all but two of the brazen bastards flew or hopped away. When I drove by, the same two refused to move.

This morning there was no sign of the raccoon; however, there were two distinct black feathered heaps surrounded by pools of grease in the middle of the road.

I wonder, are buzzards cannibals?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com